SA3.2: Implement plans and priorities to protect shoreline habitat
Summarize accomplishments from:
Regional Priority Approach Description
Implement plans and priorities to protect habitat
Desired Outcome - Protection of prioritized, un-modified shoreline sites maintains shoreline processes, structure, and function.
Policy Needs - N/A
- Establish conservation easements or acquire unarmored shoreline.
- Develop and implement management plans for public and private lands that protect natural shoreline while addressing existing infrastructure and safety concerns.
- Describe the plans being used to select and prioritize the project.
- Describe how the proposed actions will restore shoreline processes.
- Describe projected climate change impacts to and resilience of the site.
- Consider modified sites for protection if prioritization plans identify them as high priority based upon restoration potential or as still contributing to key shorelines processes.
- Consider applying ESRP RFP proposal guidance and criteria in developing your project and metrics of success. (http://www.pugetsoundnearshore.org/esrp/files/2016_ESRP_RFP.pdf)
Local Context - Local context provides additional specificity on how a Regional Priority approach should be implemented in each local area; examples include sequencing, partners to consider, and critical areas. Local context for this Regional Priority approach is available here.
Regional Priority Approach Near Term Actions Map
No Puget Sound Recovery Progress Measures set for this Regional Priority Approach.