SA1.3: Gain understanding of how shoreline habitat may change due to climate change and population growth
Summarize accomplishments from:
Regional Priority Approach Description
Gain a better understanding of how habitat may change in the future due to pressures like climate change and population growth.
Desired Outcome - Improved understanding of how shoreline processes respond to climate change enables resilient shoreline protection and restoration.
Policy Needs - N/A
- Improve the resolution and accuracy of sea level rise or storm surge forecasts in Puget Sound.
- Describe who the intended users of the final product will be and how they will engage in the project.
- Describe the datasets, protocols, and analyses that will be used.
- Describe how you will leverage ongoing projects.
- Describe how this research will improve protection and restoration planning and site design.
- Describe how additional data collection will be used to improve decision-making, if new sampling/surveys are proposed.
Local Context - Local context provides additional specificity on how a Regional Priority approach should be implemented in each local area; examples include sequencing, partners to consider, and critical areas. Local context for this Regional Priority approach is available here.
Regional Priority Approach Near Term Actions Map
No Puget Sound Recovery Progress Measures set for this Regional Priority Approach.