LDC1.4: Increase human and technical capacity of staff for planning, implementation, and enforcement
Summarize accomplishments from:
Regional Priority Approach Description
Appraoch - Increase human and technical capacity of staff for planning, implementation, and enforcement.
Desired Outcome - Dedicated staff are resourced and empowered to implement land use regulations and adaptively manage or enforce land use regulations.
Policy Needs - N/A
- Develop a local government critical areas monitoring and adaptive management program.
- Fund dedicated staff time for monitoring and adaptive management.
- Fund technical training for staff to monitor and adaptively manage the critical area ordinance.
- Fund training for staff to better implement the critical areas ordinance based on monitoring results.
- Describe how your project will use state guidance to develop and implement a critical areas monitoring and adaptive management program (such as Department of Commerce Critical Areas Assistance Handbook chapter on Monitoring and Adaptive Management).
- If proposing staff technical training on monitoring and adaptive management or permit implementation, describe how the training will increase jurisdictional capacity.
Local Context - Local context provides additional specificity on how a Regional Priority approach should be implemented in each local area; examples include sequencing, partners to consider, and critical areas. Local context for this Regional Priority approach is available here.
Regional Priority Approach Near Term Actions Map
No Puget Sound Recovery Progress Measures set for this Regional Priority Approach.