EST3.3: Implement plans and priorities to restore estuary habitat
Summarize accomplishments from:
Regional Priority Approach Description
Approach - Implement plans and priorities to restore habitat
Desired Outcome - Restoration on prioritized sites restores tidal inundation and estuarine processes to improve estuarine function.
Policy Needs - N/A
- Implement project phases including site feasibility, site design, and construction to restore tidal inundation and improve the ability of key physical processes to deliver improved structure and function of the estuary.
- Acquire land for restoration projects.
- Remove function-limiting infrastructure from estuaries.
- Develop reciprocal consultation agreements between farmland protection programs and restoration programs to ensure that funding and activities do not inhibit one another.
- Develop conservation easements for restoration that makes restored estuary habitat a valuable asset for land owners.
- Implement best management practices at ports and marine industries.
- Describe the plans being used to select and prioritize the project.
- Describe how the proposed actions will restore ecological processes.
- Describe how climate change impacts to and resilience of the site are addressed by the design.
- Describe how your project will use available guidance on site assessment, design, and implementation.
- Proponents are encouraged to include the Approach: Collect and analyze data to adaptively manage recovery practices in their proposal. If monitoring is not appropriate for the proposed project, please explain.
- Consider applying ESRP RFP proposal guidance and criteria in developing your project and metrics of success.
Local Context - Local context provides additional specificity on how a Regional Priority approach should be implemented in each local area; examples include sequencing, partners to consider, and critical areas. Local context for this Regional Priority approach is available here.
Regional Priority Approach Near Term Actions Map
No Puget Sound Recovery Progress Measures set for this Regional Priority Approach.