EST3.2: Implement plans and priorities to protect estuary habitat
Summarize accomplishments from:
Regional Priority Approach Description
Approach - Implement plans and priorities to protect habitat
Desired Outcome - Protection of prioritized sites maintains tidal inundation as well as estuarine processes and functions or enables future restoration.
Policy Needs - N/A
- Preserve farmland from development in select locations without precluding restoration opportunities in the future.
- Implement best management practices at ports and marine industries
- Describe the plans being used to select and prioritize the project.
- Describe how the proposed actions will restore ecological processes or support future process-based restoration actions.
- Describe projected climate change impacts to and resilience of the site.
- If working in ports and marinas, describe the guidance used to implement best management practices.
- Consider applying ESRP RFP proposal guidance and criteria in developing your project and metrics of success.
Local Context - Local context provides additional specificity on how a Regional Priority approach should be implemented in each local area; examples include sequencing, partners to consider, and critical areas. Local context for this Regional Priority approach is available here.
Regional Priority Approach Near Term Actions Map
No Puget Sound Recovery Progress Measures set for this Regional Priority Approach.