EST3.1: Develop and implement outreach, education, and/or incentive programs related to estuary habitat
Summarize accomplishments from:
Regional Priority Approach Description
Approach - Develop and implement outreach, education, and/or incentive programs
Desired Outcome - Ongoing communication and engagement with the public and key decision makers about the implementation of estuary restoration plans and projects leads to increased support for estuary restoration efforts.
Policy Needs - N/A
- Develop and deliver communications on the specifics of how restoration actions will affect local infrastructure and operations.
- Develop and implement local education and outreach on restoration plans and prioritization.
- Develop and implement a social marketing campaign/incentive program to influence land owners to move climate- and salinity-vulnerable land out of production.
- Describe how your project determines and defines the information needs of the target audience.
- Describe how your project will leverage existing programs.
- Describe how effectiveness of the project will be measured.
- Consider using future projections (such as climate change or development projections) to build support among the public, communities, and decision makers.
Local Context - Local context provides additional specificity on how a Regional Priority approach should be implemented in each local area; examples include sequencing, partners to consider, and critical areas. Local context for this Regional Priority approach is available here.