FP2.1: Collaborative, multi-benefit groups develop prioritized restoration/protection plans for floodplains
Summarize accomplishments from:
Regional Priority Approach Description
Approach - Collaborative, multi-benefit groups develop a plan that prioritizes locations to restore or protect.
Desired Outcome - Broadly supported landscape-scale plans use available data to balance the ecological, social, and economic outcomes to protect and restore floodplain function and connectivity.
Policy Needs - N/A
- Develop watershed farm, fish, and flood task forces.
- Identify the most important areas to restore or reconnect floodplains or estuaries.
- Establish land use goals and needs for each watershed.
- Establish land use and restoration goals and needs for each watershed.
- Create analysis of ecologically important lands in floodplains overlaid with lands at high risk for development.
- Identify vulnerable lands to flooding within a city and county to aid in protection and restoration of floodplains.
- Estimate effects of planned build-out on drainage and potential flooding.
- Refine existing plan to incorporate new analyses or projections.
- Identify opportunities to use soft shoreline techniques, including river deltas.
- Describe how enabling factors and barriers have been addressed to allow for successful planning.
- Describe the dataset, protocols, and analyses that will be used to develop the plan.
- Describe how your project integrates with the planning landscape in the broader floodplain area.
- Describe the strategy that will be used to engage the relevant stakeholder groups and resolve conflicts.
- Describe how climate change projections will be incorporated into the planning process.
Local Context - Local context provides additional specificity on how a Regional Priority approach should be implemented in each local area; examples include sequencing, partners to consider, and critical areas. Local context for this Regional Priority approach is available here.
Regional Priority Approach Near Term Actions Map
No Puget Sound Recovery Progress Measures set for this Regional Priority Approach.