EST2.1: Collaborative, multi-benefit groups develop prioritized restoration/protection plans for estuaries
Summarize accomplishments from:
Regional Priority Approach Description
Collaborative, multi-benefit groups develop a plan that prioritizes locations to restore or protect.
Desired Outcome - Broadly supported landscape-scale plans use available data to balance the ecological, social, and economic outcomes to restore tidal inundation and estuary function.
Policy Needs - N/A
- Develop multi-stakeholder forums. (Note: Existing forums should be sustained and used as model for deltas without existing forums.)
- Local, state, and federal agencies develop and communicate a coordinated vision for delta landscape management.
- Identify estuary restoration opportunities that have multi-benefit outcomes, and develop a prioritized list suitable for long-term planning.
- Working with local stakeholder groups and existing environmental plans, identify lands suitable for acquisition and restoration that have the capacity to serve as functional estuarine habitat.
- Develop a combination of quantity and quality targets for farmland that can be used to establish trade-offs between agriculture and conservation goals.
- Conduct social, economic, physical, and ecological analyses of delta landscape management alternatives.
- Describe how enabling factors and barriers have been addressed to allow for successful planning.
- Describe the dataset, protocols, and analyses that will be used to develop the plan.
- Describe how your project integrates with the broader planning landscape for estuary restoration.
- Describe the strategy that will be used to bring in the relevant stakeholder groups and resolve conflicts.
- Describe how climate change projections will be incorporated into landscape-scale plans.
Local Context - Local context provides additional specificity on how a Regional Priority approach should be implemented in each local area; examples include sequencing, partners to consider, and critical areas. Local context for this Regional Priority approach is available here.
Regional Priority Approach Near Term Actions Map
No Puget Sound Recovery Progress Measures set for this Regional Priority Approach.