BIBI1.1: Increase local capacity to manage stormwater programs.
Summarize accomplishments from:
Regional Priority Approach Description
Increase local capacity to manage stormwater programs.
Desired Outcome - More support for funding local stormwater programs, or decrease the burden of managing programs.
Policy Needs - N/A
- Implement a project or projects to increase the likelihood that the public would support stormwater management capacity (social marketing). Create additional political will to increase capacity. Start with barriers—explore solutions for overcoming them.
- Increase capacity for and effectiveness of training, maintenance, and enforcement. Proposal Guidance.
- May be most important in yet to be developed areas (incl. non-permitted areas).
- Stormwater fee structures don’t capture single family land base. Single family/residential may be underpaying for stormwater programs.
- Could also serve to increase support for protection.
Project Ideas -
- Peer-to-peer training networks.
- SW utility increase incentive.
Local Context - Local context provides additional specificity on how a Regional Priority approach should be implemented in each local area; examples include sequencing, partners to consider, and critical areas. Local context for this Regional Priority approach is available here.
Regional Priority Approach Near Term Actions Map
No Puget Sound Recovery Progress Measures set for this Regional Priority Approach.